Connect with Africans
The AU has been tasked to launch initiatives focused on increasing the African Union’s relevance to citizens
Specifically, the AU needs to:
- Identify and provide a set of new capabilities or ‘assets’ in the form of common continent-wide public goods and services valued by Member States and citizens e.g. provision of neutral arbitration and competition services, a common technical platform for the data and analysis needed to assess Africa’s progress toward its development goals.
- Enhance role of Youth & Women and establish women and youth quotas across its institutions,
- Identify appropriate ways and means to ensure the private sector’s participation
- Launch the African Passport and ensure Member States avail it to all eligible citizens as quickly as possible in line with the Assembly decision Assembly/AU/Dec.607 (XXVII) adopted in Kigali, Rwanda in July 2016.
- Establish an African Youth Corps and develop programs to facilitate cultural and sports exchange among Member States